Ad Valorem Tax Abatement: City of Titusville
Contact City of Titusville Economic Development Office
Who is eligible? New business locating/ relocating to Titusville and the expansion of a business already located in Titusville that meet the following criteria:
- Key Florida Industries:
- Corporate Headquarters, excluding retail
- Emerging Technologies
- Financial/Professional Services
- Homeland Security/Defense
- Information Technology
- Life Sciences
- A Business that makes a positive contribution to the economy of Titusville in terms of new jobs and improvements to real and personal property.
- Definition of New Business: as defined in Section 196.012 (15), Florida Statute
- Definition of Expansion: as defined in Section 196.012 (16), Florida Statute
Ad Valorem Tax Abatement: Brevard County
Contact Economic Development Commission of Florida’s Space Coast:
- Phone: 321-638-2000
- Toll Free: 800-535-0203
Brevard County offers the Ad Valorem Tax Abatement (AVT) program to eligible companies that meet job creation, wage and capital investment criteria. The AVT program provides a substantial temporary reduction for up to 10 years on certain property taxes paid on new tangible personal property and/or new construction. The AVT program is an incentive for both new companies considering a presence in Brevard County and existing companies considering an expansion of operations.
Community Redevelopment Agency (CRA) Commercial Interior Building Renovation Incentive Grant Program
The Titusville Community Redevelopment Agency (CRA) has created a Commercial Interior Renovation Incentive Grant Program to assist in the renovation of the interiors of older and historic commercial and mixed-use buildings in the downtown CRA district.
The Commercial Interior Building Renovation Program offers financial assistance in the form of a reimbursable, matching (50%) grant to the property owner or business owner for eligible expenses associated with the renovation or rehabilitation of the interior elements of the commercial and mixed use operating space. Items eligible for funding under the program are limited to the following permanent improvements:
- Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) Requirements
- Florida Fire Protection Code Requirements
- Florida Building Code Requirements including:
- Heating, ventilation, and air conditioning (HVAC) system to meet code
- Interior electrical system including lighting to meet code
- Interior plumbing to meet code
For details about the grant program please contact Tim Ford, Redevelopment Planner at 321-567-3860 or email Tim Ford with any questions.
- Brownfields - Information and Incentives
- CareerSource Brevard - Incentives and Tax-Based Credits
- Economic Development Commission of Florida’s Space Coast - Brevard County Economic Development Organization
- Florida Power and Light - Economic Development Office
- Foreign Trade Zone Number 136 - Port Canaveral
- Historically Underutilized Business Zone (HUBZone)
The HUBZone program assists small businesses in urban and rural communities gain preferential access to federal procurement opportunities.
- North Brevard Economic Development Zone
Created in July 2011 by the Brevard County (Florida) Board of Commissioners, the North Brevard Economic Development Zone (NBEDZ) or "Zone," is a special dependent district under Florida Statute, Chapters 125 and 189. The Zone was formed with the goal of facilitating job growth and economic development in the northern part of Brevard County following the end of NASA’s Space Shuttle program. In that regard, the Zone seeks to provide financial assistance to businesses prepared to make a substantial capital investment in the area and create a significant number of new jobs. The Zone’s Economic Development Plan, containing the eligibility criteria for program participation, is available at NBEDZ.
- Opportunity Zone - currently under construction - current information