Can the Board assist me in renovating my historic property?

Yes. The Board is comprised of knowledgeable people in many different fields. As such, they offer professional advice, practical information, and pertinent references about materials and techniques used in historic preservation and restoration. The Board’s Staff will also provide technical assistance, help you complete the permit application, answer questions, and direct you to valuable resources needed for work on your property. If your income level qualifies, you will also be eligible for one of the City’s housing improvement programs.

Show All Answers

1. What types of alterations require review by the Board?
2. What types of alterations are exempt from Board review?
3. Am I required to undo changes made to my property before it was designated?
4. How do I obtain permission from the Board to alter my property?
5. What is a Certificate of Appropriateness?
6. Is there a filing fee for the Certificate of Appropriateness?
7. If I am planning alterations to my property, when should I contact the Board?
8. Can the Board assist me in renovating my historic property?
9. What happens if the Board denies my request for a Certificate of Appropriateness?
10. Can I appeal a denial of a Certificate of Appropriateness?