- Community Development
- Neighborhood Services
- Goals & Programs
- Owner-Occupied Housing Rehabilitation Program
Owner-Occupied Housing Rehabilitation Program
The Housing Rehabilitation Program is designed to assist low-income homeowners with minimum housing repairs to eliminate housing code violations. Through this program, the City of Titusville will help provide decent, safe, and sanitary housing for the residents of Titusville and contribute to a long-term and viable housing stock for the future.
Priority assistance is given to "special needs" individuals as defined by Statute.
The following requirements must be met:
- The housing unit must fail to meet one or more building code conditions. The minimum amount of repairs needed is $5,000.
- Income Verification
Your income must be within the limits specified by the United States Department of Housing and Urban Development (HUD). You will need to provide proof of income for all members of the household. Self-employed applicants must provide profit and loss statements and/or a signed copy of your last year’s tax return. Income includes, but is not limited to:
- Child support
- Interest income
- Social security
- Supplemental Security Income (SSI)
Property must be located within the city limits of Titusville.
- Must have owned and occupied the home for at least one year prior to application.
- Properties with extraneous junk and debris, excessive overgrowth, and vehicles in violation of Sections 12-23, 13-26, and 13-73 respectively of the City’s Code of Ordinances shall be declared ineligible for assistance, and shall not be reconsidered for the program until such time the violations have been corrected to the satisfaction of the City.
- Property Ownership
The property must be owner-occupied. You will need to provide a copy of your deed. Mortgage and property taxes must be current. You will need to provide mortgage statements and proof of paid taxes.
- Reasonable maintenance and care of the property by the owners has been made over the years and appears will continue.
- The value of the property after rehab must not exceed the affordable housing amount for existing homes in the City of Titusville; the current limits are HOME program $225,000, SHIP program $349,000.
2023 Income Guidelines (Subject to Change)
Max Household Income
Max household income based on household size
You will be required to provide proof of all assets, such as:
- Checking accounts
- Individual retirement accounts (IRA)
- Life insurance policies
- Retirement accounts (such as 401k)
- Savings accounts
The City offers several types of assistance designed as deferred loans, such as Emergency Repairs, Rehabilitation, and Energy Efficiency/Weatherization programs.
For specific details on the City of Titusville’s Housing Rehabilitation Program, you may request a copy of our policy by calling 321-567-3987.
Application is available here Housing Rehab Preliminary Application to print out and submit in person. You may also apply on line through the application portal, or pick up an application at the Neighborhood Services Department located in the Harry T. Moore Social Service Center, 725 S. DeLeon Avenue.