- Student Advisory Council
- Student Advisory Council - April 18, 2023
Student Advisory Council - April 18, 2023
Student Advisory Council
April 18, 2023
The 2022/2023 Student Advisory Council (SAC) met in regular session on Tuesday, April 18, 2023, in the Council Chamber, 2nd Floor, City Hall, 555 S. Washington Avenue, Titusville, FL 32796.
Co-Chairperson Aliyah Deimeke called the meeting to order at 4:01 p.m.
Present were Co-Chairperson Savannah Sevor, Co-Chairperson Aliyah Deimeke, Co-Chairperson Aiden Sperr, Secretary Edie Pringle, and members Addison Flake, Richie Dobbs, Callie Cerrato, Julia Moon, Victoria Hillery, Cooper Mangini, Julia Curtis and Caydn Fiebig.
Co-Chairperson Aiden Aperr was absent.
Also present was City staff liaison Emily Campbell and THS Advisor Kathleen Rios.
COMMENTS FROM THE PUBLIC PRESENT – None.
Vice-Chair Edie Pringle moved to approve the minutes of the regular Student Advisory Council (SAC) meeting on March 21, 2023, as written. Member Callie Cerrato seconded the motion and it carried unanimously.
Improve the DrinkDriveDie.com Webpage and continue to update The Last Dance Video – At this meeting, staff recommended the SAC consider the following proposed actions.
- Hold a table reading.
- Determine if your Council desires meeting on an as-needed basis during May and June 2023 to complete pending tasks. If yes, City Resolution No. 5-2023 indicates the SAC can meet during summer months as-needed, when requested by City Council (The 2022/2023 SAC Annual Report to City Council on April 25, 2023 must be prepared accordingly to ask for this authorization).
- Tentatively identify your next SAC special meeting date/time at City Hall, pending whether City Council requests (authorizes) the SAC to continue working as-needed into summer 2023.
- Authorize City Digital Media Compliance Specialist Kurtis Korwin to purchase items on behalf of The Last Dance Video, specific to stock footage, music and 3D animation assets, for a combined and total cost not to exceed $600.00, using SAC account GL#001-0501-552.52.01.
Motion: Member Julia Moon moved to request authorization from City Council to meet over the summer on an as needed basis. Vice-Chair Edie Pringle seconded the motion. The motion carried unanimously.
Motion: Vice-Chair Edie Pringle moved to authorize City Digital Media Compliance Specialist Kurtis Korwin to purchase items on behalf of The Last Dance Video, specific to stock footage, music and 3D animation assets, for a combined and total cost not to exceed $600.00, using SAC account GL#001-0501-552.52.01. Member Julia Curtis seconded the motion. The motion carried unanimously.
Annual Report to City Council – Your Council’s governing resolution requires your Council to present an annual report to the City Council each April. The annual report is a summary of your Council’s accomplishments during your term, but which also includes recommendations to your successors.
- Introduction – Savannah Sevor
- The Last Dance – Written by Julia Moon, presented by Julia Curtis
- Mock City Council – Written by Co-Chairperson Sperr, presented by Julia Curtis
- Conclusion – Edie Pringle
The report was scheduled to be presented to City Council at the April 25, 2023 6:30 p.m. regular City Council meeting, if you signed up to present you will need to attend.
MEMBER REPORTS – None.
STAFF LIASON REPORT
- Action items – none.
- Informational Items:
Council Budget – For your information: the available funding for SAC projects (Projects account nos. GFCC01 and GFCC04) is included in this agenda packet. (Page 28.)
Council2College Scholarship – The Florida League of Cities (FLC) Council2College Scholarship is an essay contest that assists Florida municipal youth council leaders who are pursuing post-high education. Two scholarship receipts will be selected: First place will receive $500 and second place will receive $250. Applicants must be graduating during the 2022-2023 school year. If any of the seniors are interested please let me know. The due date is April 28, 2023.
Meeting Agendas & Delivery Methods – Following the first SAC meeting on August 16, 2022, the monthly meeting agenda will be emailed to you at least five (5) calendar days prior to each meeting; however, emails are sometimes undeliverable. To this, it is each SAC Member’s responsibility to get and review meeting agendas prior to your meetings.
Another option - pick-up hardcopy of the SAC meeting agenda from City Hall (Information Desk). A hardcopy of the agenda will also be available at meetings.
Reminder your Council’s regular meetings are held the 3rd Tuesday of each month at 4PM, August through April, at Titusville City Hall.
Special meetings may be scheduled as necessary.
(City of Titusville Resolution 1-2017).
With no further business to discuss, the meeting adjourned at 4:45 p.m.