- Student Advisory Council
- Student Advisory Council - January 17, 2023
Student Advisory Council - January 17, 2023
City of Titusville
STUDENT ADVISORY COUNCIL
Tuesday, January 17, 2023, 4:00 p.m.
Council Chamber, 2nd Floor, City Hall, 555 S. Washington Avenue, Titusville, FL 32796
Any person who decides to appeal any decision of the Student Advisory Council with respect to any matter considered at this meeting will need a record of the proceedings, and for such purpose, may need to ensure that a verbatim record of the proceedings be made, which record includes the testimony and evidence upon which the appeal is to be based. The City desires to accommodate persons with disabilities. Accordingly, any physically handicapped persons, pursuant to Chamber 286.26 Florida Statutes, should, at least 48 hours prior to the meeting, submit a written request to the chairpersons that the physically handicapped person desires to attend the meeting.
I. CALL TO ORDER - Co-Chairperson Aliyah Deimeke (NBHSA)
II. DETERMINATION OF A QUORUM
III. COMMENTS FROM THE PUBLIC PRESENT
IV. APPROVAL OF MINUTES – Approve the minutes of the regular Student Advisory Council (SAC) meeting of December 20, 2022.
V. NEW BUSINESS
A. Mock City Council (MCC) – March 9, 2023 – Review Mock City Council planning guide.
Mock City Council Agenda – Review complete agenda.
Select Participants for the MCC – Appoint SAC members for the remaining roles for City Department Directors, City Council roles, Citizens, etc.
Remaining Roles are:
- City Attorney (Edie)
- City Clerk
- City Manager
- Council Member (Callie)
- Council Member
- Council Member
- John Doe for Board Appointment
What’s next? – Participant Orientation Meeting/Special SAC meeting is on Thursday, January 19, 2023 at 4:00 p.m. This meeting will count toward your attendance requirement.
VI. OLD BUSINESS
Improve the DrinkDriveDie.com Webpage and continue to update The Last Dance Video – Review and discuss The Last Dance Video script casting call and discuss next steps. Senior Media Specialist Kurtis Korwin will be available for questions.
VII. MEMBER REPORTS – Student Advisory Council (SAC) Members may individually share info they feel may benefit other SAC members, the community, etc.
VIII. STAFF LIAISON REPORT
- Action items – none.
- Informational Items:
- Council Budget – For your information: the available funding for SAC projects (Projects account nos. GFCC01 and GFCC04) is included in this agenda packet.
- Polo Shirt Order Form – If you ordered a Student Advisory Council Polo Shirt please pick up from City Liaison Emily Campbell at the end of meeting.
- Media Waiver Release – All media wavers have been received, thank you!
- Meeting Agendas & Delivery Methods – Following the first SAC meeting on August 16, 2022, the monthly meeting agenda will be emailed to you at least five (5) calendar days prior to each meeting; however, emails are sometimes undeliverable. To this, it is each SAC Member’s responsibility to get and review meeting agendas prior to your meetings.
Another option - pick-up hardcopy of the SAC meeting agenda from City Hall (Information Desk). A hardcopy of the agenda will also be available at meetings.
Reminder your Council’s regular meetings are held the 3rd Tuesday of each month
at 4PM, August through April, at Titusville City Hall.
Special meetings may be scheduled as necessary.
(City of Titusville Resolution 1-2017).