- Titusville Flag and Memorial Committee
- Flag & Memorial Minutes 5/17/2022
Flag & Memorial Minutes 5/17/2022
Flag and Memorial Committee
May 17, 2022
The Flag and Memorial Committee met in regular session on May 17, 2022, at the
American Space Museum, 308 Pine Street, Titusville, FL 32796
Chairman Therriault called the meeting to order at 11:02 a.m. Members present: Member Swink, Member Fuller, Vice-Chair Pedersen, Member Marquette, Member Patton, Member Northcutt and Member Rathborne. Also present was Secretary/Staff Liaison Gail Gilchrist, City of Titusville.
- CALL TO ORDER: Meeting was called to order at 11:02 a.m. by Chairman Therriault.
- DETERMINATION OF A QUORUM: A quorum was met.
- APPROVAL OF MINUTES
- Approval of minutes for the April 19, 2022 meeting: A motion to approve the April 19, 2022 minutes was made by Member Northcutt, seconded by Member Rathborne, it passed unanimously.
- OLD BUSINESS
- Memorial Day Ceremony: Chairman Therriault stated there will be a ceremony at Veteran’s Park starting at 10:00 a.m., as well as, a short ceremony at the Day Street Cemetery at 9:00 a.m. American Legion, Post 1 will continue to do what they do every year. DAR will do the decorations and there will be a cleanup the Saturday before.
- Flag Day: June 14th starting at 7:00 p.m. to be held at the Elks Lodge. Betsy Ross will be in attendance. Refreshments will be provided. Member Swink will contact Emily Campbell concerning the Community Service Awards.
- Blue Mass Ceremony: September 10th starting at 10:00 a.m., Chairman Therriault stated he is still waiting for confirmation from St. Teresa’s.
- NEW BUSINESS
- FUND RAISER ACTIVITES
This was tabled due to the committee having sufficient funds.
Discussion ensued about the cost of the bricks versus the cost of the brick engraving.
- ROUNDTABLE DISCUSSION
Vice-Chair Pedersen: Stated new officers were installed and June ends their fiscal year. She attended a fundraiser meeting and went to District Convention where Jonda was named Governor for the State of Florida for the Pilot Club. Tomorrow the mini grant money will be distributed and Ministry Under the Bridge will receive money also.
Member Rathborne: Warbird Museum is doing the airshow and they have a promoter. She will be working the membership tent. Stated they are having trouble finding food. Gates open at 9:00 a.m.
Member Swink: Getting ready for Flag Day. Brought in 6 new members last night with three of them under 30 years old. Continue to work on getting new members. Got a lot going on in Lodge with the social quarters busy. They have quality kitchen help. They have added 5 spots for RV camping to include water and electricity. Stated they got the Elk back (it was missing for 3 years) and have put it on a concrete slab.
Member Fuller: Had elections for full slate of officers. The vote for non-smoking did not pass.
Member Marquette: the museum is busy and back to normal. Having “Women of the Moon, Apollo to Artemis” event on 7/16/22 at Hyatt Place. Stated Museums of Brevard are going to incorporate as a non-profit in order to get shared funding to benefit the museums. The TV show has really taken off.
Member Northcutt: Stated Shoes for the Needy was a really good function. There were 75 people at Under the Bridge last night.
Member Patton: This coming Saturday the DAV is having a picnic starting at 10:00 a.m for veteran’s of local organizations. He has moved to Melbourne.
CAP – Lots of activities planned for this summer. He is now the Safety Officer for Space Operations Orientation Academy.
KOC – June 5th, which is Pentecost Sunday, the Holy Spirit Catholic Church will have a picnic starting and 1:00 p.m. for Knights on Bikes. Stated the president’s wife passed away and there was a huge bike turnout for her funeral.
- Meeting was adjourned at 11:58 a.m.